Sunday, November 6, 2022

Fujifilm X-T3 Beauty Shot -- Putting my X-T5 order on hold

Fujifilm X-T3



For years, since launch, the X-T3 has been my most beloved, cherish, and treasured camera I've ever used or owned.  It's stylish, it's fast, it's high quality, and every dial, button, action feels so positive and so mechanical. I've been waiting for a true X-T3 successor and finally the X-T5 was announced very recently. It's a beauty, but here's why I'm putting it on hold:

1) Design.  The X-T5 is beautiful, don't get me wrong, however it's as I suspected a slightly overly modern evolution of the X-T line which from X-T1 through X-T2, maintained a consistent style.  The X-T5 much like the X100V, transitioned into a highly modern interpretation.  Still retro, but not quite as "Classic" as the X-T3.  Despite owning the X100V, I still think the X100F is still peak retro and to me still is peak Fujifilm. I believe peak Fujifilm days are over.

2) IBIS.  Honestly, I'm thrilled Fujifilm was able to reduce the size of the X-T5 to a reasonable level and retain IBIS, but still, I don't need it and don't want it.  I like the idea of a static stills camera.

3) 40MP/IQ.  No doubt in clean light, the X-T5 sensor should produced cleaner images. But in low light, high ISO situations, so far from what I am seeing is the new sensor is a bit noisier.  I think 26MP is good enough.

4) Quality. I have my quality concerns. I've seen in a recent popular Youtuber's review (a well respected one in the Fujifilm circles) that the buttons on the back as I've suspected and even posted, feel and look a bit cheap and plasticky, like the X-T4.  The X-T3 buttons all feel spectacular.  

5) Look at it. The photo above. Love it!

One day I'll make the move to the X-T5, but the X-T3 will always have a spot in my heart. It's beautiful and classic!!!

My X-T3 setup below:

Fujifilm X-T3

JJC Soft Shutter

Leica Red Leather Strap

Fujifilm 35mm F2 R LM WR

Titanium Lugs

Fujifilm MHG-XT3 Metal Grip

Glass Screen Protector (Tempered)

Fujifilm GFX50S Eyecup 

B&W 43mm UV Filter


Thank you for using my links if you do, I get a percentage for purchases made using my links! 

No comments:

Post a Comment